Accelerate Your Career
Accelerated Fleet Services opens the door to a world of opportunity. We are a rapidly growing, technology-based diesel mechanics and trailer fleet services company currently serving the Dallas/Fort Worth area and quickly expanding around Texas and beyond.
We are proud to have been named a Top 10 Fleet Services Provider for the United States by Logistics and Transportation Review. Our customer list reads like a list of who’s who American companies. Our compensation and benefits plans are designed to ensure that our mobile diesel mechanics are set up from the beginning to be successful.
We provide full benefits help to ensure a great workplace environment while providing financial security and career growth.
FULL MEDICAL - 100% COMPANY PAID!
FULL DENTAL - 100% COMPANY PAID!
FULL VISION - 100% COMPANY PAID!
AFS is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial transportation equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, technology-based and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for our customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We are expanding our team of reliable Mobile Diesel Technicians and are looking for candidates who want a career where they can grow. Our mobile technicians are highly skilled and very well respected in the heavy-duty industry. We provide excellent training along with plenty of opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services.
This role is responsible for:
- Maintain clients' fleets and handling service calls at client locations.
- Provide WHITE GLOVE service to our customers.
- Maintain all aspects of equipment according to company standards.
- Handle basic maintenance of your assigned service truck including filling the tank with fuel checking oil keeping it clean and making sure required inspections are performed and documented as assigned.
- Manage inventory control on the service truck and for keeping the vehicle properly stocked.
- Report to the Dispatcher and will be assigned duties on a daily basis.
- Maintain availability for after-hours service calls and be available for on-call rotation outside of the normal schedule.
- Read job orders and observe and listen to vehicles in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures.
- Utilize various diagnostic equipment to determine malfunction and utilize available technical information to determine and perform the correct repair procedure.
- Perform all necessary diagnostic and documentation functions on the company computer system.
- Perform preventative maintenance work as requested.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding the work.
- Foster positive customer relations.
- Advise customer and/or service manager of any repairs or services which should be performed.
- Participate in training and utilize that training in the course of work.
Requirements for this position include:
- Preferred 5 years' experience as a Class 7 & 8 PM mobile technician in a mobile service company or related truck service facility.
- Mechanical aptitude and technical ability are a must.
- A valid CDL is a plus.
- Valid driver's licence with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and their drivers.
- Proficiency in the use of mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and use of email to document repairs and communication. Ability to learn new platforms
- Willingness to work varied schedules and work outdoors / in the elements at customer yards/locations.
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and apply initiative.
- Great attitude & punctuality, safety conscious, good instincts, organization skills and self-motivation
🗓️ Full Time: Monday - Friday 8 - 12 hour shifts
🕚 Occasional weekends and overtime
⚕️Life Insurance (waiting period may apply)
❤️🩹 Health, Vision, Disability & Dental Insurance (waiting period may apply)
💵 Bonus Pay
🕧 Paid Time Off
🧰 Paid Training
🥪 Friday Team Lunches
Salary Range: $25-$30 Flag Hour
How to Apply
Interested techs should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted.